Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Coupe

Default Radio "LOC" Feature...

Hey Guys,
    How can I find out if the previous owner enabled to LOC feature
    on the Bose Unit? ( 04 Coupe )

While reading the OM last night in work at my desk and was wondering if that feature was ever enabled?

I was going to attempt to go through the process as discribed in the manual but decided not to until i can somehow confirm if it's enabled or has never been programed.

Regards, Lou

Corvette(s)
    2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51

Quote Originally Posted by SG Lou View Post
    Hey Guys,
    How can I find out if the previous owner enabled to LOC feature
    on the Bose Unit? ( 04 Coupe )

While reading the OM last night in work at my desk and was wondering if that feature was ever enabled?

I was going to attempt to go through the process as discribed in the manual but decided not to until i can somehow confirm if it's enabled or has never been programed.

Regards, Lou
    Lou, have you ever disconnected the battery for anything? If the radio is locked and you disconnect the battery the radio won't work until the proper code has been entered. If you've disconnected the battery then had no issues with the radio when the battery was reconnected, the radio has never been "locked". I also understand that there is a red (security) led on the radio that comes on when the ignition switch is turned off, but ONLY if the radio is "locked". If the radio is NOT locked the led doesn't come on. My radio is not "locked", there is no led on when the ignition is off, and I haven't had a problem with the radio when I disconnect the battery.......which is everytime I leave Florida to come back to Massachusetts.
    Andy
    Andy Anderson - PROUD VIETNAM VETERAN.

Vietnam Veterans Corvette Club - Founding Member #1

"Dream as if you'll live forever...........Live as though you'll die today" - James Dean

"Money isn't everything.........but it SURE DOES keep the kids in touch!"

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
    Lou, have you ever disconnected the battery for anything? If the radio is locked and you disconnect the battery the radio won't work until the proper code has been entered. If you've disconnected the battery then had no issues with the radio when the battery was reconnected, the radio has never been "locked". I also understand that there is a red (security) led on the radio that comes on when the ignition switch is turned off, but ONLY if the radio is "locked". If the radio is NOT locked the led doesn't come on. My radio is not "locked", there is no led on when the ignition is off, and I haven't had a problem with the radio when I disconnect the battery.......which is everytime I leave Florida to come back to Massachusetts.
    Andy
    Andy,
    I haven't had the reason to disconnect the battery.............yet !
    My C5 still has the original Battery, from what I can tell, but i was thinking that MAYBE I should change it out before I run into trouble.
    And I haven't noticed the red LED on the radio but i'll take a look when i get a chance this evening.
    Thanks for the heads up !

Lou

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Coupe

Well I just took a look. Started the car up, shut it down, and armed the Alarm...............No red LED, blinking or other wise. I guess it's safe to say the LOC feature is not enabled !
    Thank you all once again !

Corvette(s)
    '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'

If you discover that your radio has become locked, posting #25 of this thread has a procedure to ostensibly release the lock-out.

1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
    If you discover that your radio has become locked, posting #25 of this thread has a procedure to ostensibly release the lock-out.
    Thanks Tim !
    Cut, pasted, printed and set aside for future referrence

Rude98

I unlocked mine for good. I understand the dynamics of locking it for security,... but why, really. If someone breaks in, it's gonna be a mess, let the insurance deal with it. Watch where you park.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    I unlocked mine for good. I understand the dynamics of locking it for security,... but why, really. If someone breaks in, it's gonna be a mess, let the insurance deal with it. Watch where you park.
    I think I'm going to leave mine unlocked as well.

Corvette(s)
    '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'

Quote Originally Posted by Rude98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SG Lou View Post
    I think I'm going to leave mine unlocked as well.
    I guess I understand your point, but I'm still going to keep mine with the security lock enabled. Perhaps if a prospective thief sees the LED blinking, they'll move on to another vehicle...?

1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
    I guess I understand your point, but I'm still going to keep mine with the security lock enabled. Perhaps if a prospective thief sees the LED blinking, they'll move on to another vehicle...?
    Tim,
    I can see your point as well..............maybe not a bad idea after all.
    I'll just have to use an ID number that I can remember, as well as writing it down !