Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2000 Nassau Blue Vert

Default Instrument cluster issues

Working on tracking this one down. So I had not drivin the vet in about 4-6 weeks and the battery was dead so I put the charger on it (lowest setting 2amp). About 2 weeks later I pulled the charger off and jumped in started it up and off I went. Well I noticed the instrument cluster lights are not working, just the lights, gaugages and DIC work just fine. All other "things" seem to be working fine also except for the cruise control and the driving lights. I cant find anything else electrical that is not working.

I've checked the fuses on everything related to the IC and cruise and they are all good. The driving/fog light fuse was blown. I replaced that and they are working fine now.

I have not pulled any codes yet so I'm thinking that's my next step. I cleaned/checked the grounds about 2 years ago and they were good then but that can not hurt again.

Any other ideas?

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z06 CE & 2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue

I know this is going to sound simplistic, but have you made sure that the IC light dimmer control is turned up? Might have bumped it by mistake...
    The only thing that you accomplish when you make something idiotproof, is breed a better grade of idiot,
    Z06/Z16 #1689

Corvette(s)
    2000 Nassau Blue Vert

Yup checked that and it works for all the other lights on the dimmer. Still no IC lights.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z06 CE & 2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue

Quote Originally Posted by c5y2k View Post
    Yup checked that and it works for all the other lights on the dimmer. Still no IC lights.
    Cool beans... I just had to ask the easiest question.
    The only thing that you accomplish when you make something idiotproof, is breed a better grade of idiot,
    Z06/Z16 #1689