Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Low Fuel Light
- 10-02-10, 02:57 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- SYRACUSE ,UTAH
- 2003 50Th Corvette
Low Fuel Light
I have had the Low Fuel light and check instruments light come on ... two different ocassions.. i have 3/4 tank of fuel any help is appreciated
The low fuel light goes off when push reset but not the check gauges
- 11-06-10, 07:23 AM #2
I don't know if you found an answer yet, but I just went through this and found the answer on this forum. It's due to build-up on the gauge floats. My gauge wasn't working at all. I tried some Techron Plus additive to dissolve the build-up and the gauge started working before I went through a full tank of gas. Chevron gas has this additive in the fuel, but according to posts on the CAC forum, you should add Techron every 3,000 miles if you don't use Chevron.
- 11-06-10, 11:04 AM #3- Online
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Portage, Indiana
- 2004 Z06 CE & 2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue
- 11-11-10, 02:49 PM #4
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- Azle Tx.
- 1977 TPI 383 stroker, 700R-4/ 2002 6 spd.
Where do you buy it? My fuel gauge in my 2002 just stopped working.
- 11-11-10, 10:13 PM #5
- 11-13-10, 01:16 PM #6
Another product that I have found that works even faster and more aggressive than TechronPlus is Gumout's Fuel System Cleaner. It comes in all kinds of flavors but the gray and clear yellow bottles are made to use every 3000 miles. Check this link for more info on the products. The key is they are MUCH cheaper than TechronPlus!
If you are having this problem, get the gray or clear yellow bottle first and use it with each of your next two fill ups. Then start using either product every 3000 miles. I will guarantee that you will see results. If you try it, report what happens back in this thread."Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
- 11-13-10, 02:02 PM #7
- By topless82vette in forum C3 General DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 09-09-08, 12:34 AM
Help! Low fuel LightBy Dunzvett81 in forum L81 Vette Registry ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-08, 03:08 PM
- By blackandredvette in forum L81 Vette Registry ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 08-02-07, 10:56 PM
- By rob77 in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 05-29-07, 05:42 PM
- By Maverick402 in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-05, 11:34 AM