Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Alternator problem
- 09-14-10, 01:18 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
- Ottawa, Ontario
- 2002 Blue z06
My alternator doesn't charge in city driving, only at highway speeds. No red lights on the dash and this has been happening for the past several hours of driving at least. The quote from the dealer here in vancouver is $1100 repair 850 for the alternator alone, which seems a bit ridiculous to me.
I drove out to BC a few weeks ago but now I have to get back home to Ottawa and regular life but i don't think it would be wise to do so with a dieing alternator, especially since its a 4000km ride back. I don't want to pay too much here if i can pay much less in Seattle which isnt too far away. Does anyone know a good garage in Seattle where i won't get ripped off for this kind of work?
I think i have no choice to replace the alternator but I'm trying to see what options i have.
- 09-14-10, 03:10 PM #2
- By TooTall in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 09-08-09, 05:36 PM
- By Bruno81 in forum L81 Vette Registry ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-05, 05:59 PM
- By Mart in forum General Automotive DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-04, 03:19 PM
- By JJS in forum C3 General DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-26-04, 12:59 PM
- By Larry82 in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 05-27-02, 10:53 PM