Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    T51
    Corvette(s)
    2000 magnatic red coupe

Default Clutch adjustment

Hello To all my fellow Corvette enthuist,I recently bought a beautiful almost flawlest 2000 Corvette 54k miles on it,my clutch engagement is near the top of the pedal travel,it does not slip at all,my question is there any adjustment on the clutch and does this mean my clutch is at the ending of its life.
    Thanks Tony

Corvette(s)
    '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'

Welcome, and congratulations on your purchase!

Modern-day clutches are self-adjusting, so generally-speaking, the pedal travel remains constant regardless of the amount of wear on the clutch. A worn-out clutch is typically indicated by slippage when the clutch is fully engaged (i.e., pedal is out all the way).

I don't know off-hand whether the relationship between pedal travel and clutch engagement can be adjusted, assuming you'd just prefer an "earlier" clutch engagement. Mine seems to start engaging within the lower portions of the pedal travel, which I personally find preferable.

1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z06 CE & 2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue

Quote Originally Posted by T51 View Post
    Hello To all my fellow Corvette enthuist,I recently bought a beautiful almost flawlest 2000 Corvette 54k miles on it,my clutch engagement is near the top of the pedal travel,it does not slip at all,my question is there any adjustment on the clutch and does this mean my clutch is at the ending of its life.
    Thanks Tony
    My '04 Z06CE with 16K on it feels exactly like yours. It's a bit disconcerting but I've put it in 4th gear from a dead stop and the clutch doesn't slip. I've heard that changing to a Tick master cylinder with it's extra volume changes the "feel" but is "feel" worth the $350.00???
    The only thing that you accomplish when you make something idiotproof, is breed a better grade of idiot,
    Z06/Z16 #1689