How often do you put this in your gas?
Thanks for the Info
Ok the gas gauge went from empty to full so the techron seems to have done it but i got a check engine light yesterday, is this from the techron treatment i put in the gas?
Checked all the belts and such and all are okay and the car runs okay...help
May just be a fluke....disconnect your neg. terminal for 15 minutes or so and see if it re-appears. Make sure you know your stereo unlock code.........
Where do i find the stereo unlock code.........
Where do i find the stereo unlock code......... or is there a trick
So, if your radio head LED indicator does not blink when the ignition is off, there was never any security unlock code programmed into the radio, and none should be necessary to reactivate it after the battery has been disconnected.
If the LED indicator does blink, and you never programmed a security unlock code, you will need to consult with the previous owner, or hunt down a reset procedure.
1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow
Found this on the internet. I haven't tried it, so I don't know for sure that it works. Good luck.
I found this on CorvetteActionCenter.com and it worked like a champ to resolve my security "LOC" on my C5's stereo
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 620529 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (star) [IF THE "620529" doesn't work, try 206053, 202107, 106010 or 202108.]
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC
Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
20 year ASE Master Certified Tech
Thanks for all the info
The gauge in my 02 did the same thing. I put 1 bottle of the Techron plus in a full tank and didn't even get 50 miles and the gauge started working again. Super!!
do NOT top off when refuling. i stopped all fuel gauge problems with my C-5 corvettes by stop filling when the pump shuts off.
retired race engine builder,former NASCAR tech inspector,corvette owner since 1959, new corvettes owned,59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99,02,05, 2008 is in my garage, 2008 sold and waiting for my C-7
the techron helped but today i ran out of gas and the gauge read 1/2 tank.. so i need to put more techron in to keep the gunk dissolving to solve the problem
Another product that I have found that works even faster and more aggressive than TechronPlus is Gumout's Fuel System Cleaner. It comes in all kinds of flavors but the gray and clear yellow bottles are made to use every 3000 miles. Check this link for more info on the products. The key is they are MUCH cheaper than TechronPlus!
If you are having this problem, get the gray or clear yellow bottle first and use it with each of your next two fill ups. Then start using either product every 3000 miles. I will guarantee that you will see results. If you try it, report what happens back in this thread.
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."