Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Packrat33

Default How many 2003 anniversary models made

How many 2003 Anniversary Edition models made?
    Where could I find this information?
    Car with the Anniversary Edition Package.

Thanks
    Paul

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Total 2003 AE production - 11632

You can find all sorts of AE specific info at http://www.50thregistry.com/. Check out the link to the 'database' on the left side. There are links to specifications and technical info also.

While you're there, you might consider joining the registry.
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Coupe

Membership opens up some extra forums with a lot of good info. Highly recommended!
    I'm not a bad man... I'm just not a very good wizard.

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe
    Membership opens up some extra forums with a lot of good info. Highly recommended!
    I'm with Stupid!!!

Bob H

I have read in a corvette magazine that they made approx.11800 anniversary vettes.

Corvette(s)
    1967(427/400),2011(Z06)

The Corvette Black Book says there were 4085 coupes and 7547 convertibles. For those without an adding machine, the total is 11,632
    Paul

Corvette(s)
    06 LMB supernatural

Paul T.......By Anniversary edition you do mean the special colored (redish) ones right?.....Some folks who have different colors(blue,black or any other) seem to think that, because they have the 50th badging on the hood and trunktheir vette is an"anniversary edition" too... ....That Anniversary Edition color is sweeet !!!!!!

Corvette(s)
    2003 MY/Blk Z06 - 1994 Copper Met/Lt Bg Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by invinceablevett
    Paul T.......By Anniversary edition you do mean the special colored (redish) ones right?.....Some folks who have different colors(blue,black or any other) seem to think that, because they have the 50th badging on the hood and trunktheir vette is an"anniversary edition" too... ....That Anniversary Edition color is sweeet !!!!!!
    invinceablevett brings up a good point. All 2003 Corvettes were deemed 50th anniversary models and so badged with silver emblems front and rear. But of the 35,469 Corvettes made for 2003, only 11,632 were Anniversary Red as the others note above. This represents 33% of the model year. 35% of the coupes made for 2003 were painted Anniversary Red. See http://www.fatherlarryscorvetteshop....1-2002_z06.htm

50th Anniversary 2003 Millennium Yellow Z06 w/CAGS defeat, Vortex Ram Air Induction, High Flow Power Duct, Borla Stingers/Quad Round, Jim Vose Partition, Chromed Z06 Wheels.

1994 Copper Metallic Coupe. One of only 92 built in that color.

Corvette(s)
    1967(427/400),2011(Z06)

Quote Originally Posted by invinceablevett
    You are correct in that those numbers are for the Anniversary Edition(AE) package only which included the Anniversary Red color. This was RPO#1SC for both the coupe and convertible. All models had the 50th badging on the hood but only the AEs had the 50th badge on the front fenders also. Hope this clarifies the situation.
    Paul

Corvette(s)
    06 LMB supernatural

Thanks guys for clarifying that up so well.It seems that some folks were told by salesmen that "every" 2003 vette was an anniversary edition.I hope they didn't pay the anniversary edition premium and got a base model with the 50th badging on the hood and trunk ...Everyone knows how some salesman can con people into believing anything........I was looking at a 2003 AE with 6k miles, the rear gear , cd changer,and side moldings a week ago.Man that Vette is sweet,we were discussing price(the owner of the dealer didn't even budge one dime of the asking price) when suddenly he turns to me and my buddy and says" Anyway if YOU don't buy it,I will sell it at the "dealers' auction" in a couple of weeks".........I turned to my buddy who was in a state of bewilderment(sp) and said "I didn't know dealers could sell their vettes at maximum retail value to each other".. ..Is this some sort of new market ?????...I've been shopping around for a while now and it just gets more and more ridiculous what angles they use.Just to be on the safe side I have a buddy of mine looking out for that '03 AE.(vin) 1G1YY32G735129716 in the nearby auctions.

Corvette(s)
    1967(427/400),2011(Z06)

[price) when suddenly he turns to me and my buddy and says" Anyway if YOU don't buy it,I will sell it at the "dealers' auction" in a couple of weeks".........I turned to my buddy who was in a state of bewilderment(sp) and said "I didn't know dealers could sell their vettes at maximum retail value to each other".. ..Is this some sort of new market ?????...
    Oh, I don't think so. Dealers buy at auction at wholesale or back of wholesale. They do dealer trades with each other on new cars but the used car business is a whole 'nother ball game. I guess if a dealer had a used car that another one wanted real bad he would sell at a profit but the buying dealer would have to make sure he had a good built in profit. I would tell that salesman that I would see him at the auction. Good luck on your hunt for an AE. I understand they are holding value pretty good conpared to other C5s. You might go to www.kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book) and see the market value of one like you want.
    Happy Vetting
    Paul
    NCM Life Member #300
    NCM Founding Member #615
    NCM Ambassador
    NCRS Member #10460
    NCM 2003 Caravan Captain-SoCal
    NCM 2014 Caravan National Chair

Corvette(s)
    06 LMB supernatural

thanks PAUL T.The KelleyBlueBook is good for the US market.It seems that because of the lower American Dollar our vettes are selling for more up here.It used to be that our dealers shipped them back to the US not long ago whereas now we see more US tagged Vettes for sale up here.......I've been shopping around for a while and have came in second on a few nice looking Vettes.I'm not that motivated to buy mainly because I'm driving one already but eventually I'll come around.I have taken a different approach to buying a vette this time around....I HAVE what THEY want...cold hard cash.....lol......that 03 AE is sweeet......