Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1998 Red Coupe

Default Loose Driver and Passenger Power Seat

I have a 1998 red Coupe and the driver and passenger power seat moves a little when starting and stopping. I heard from another corvette owner that the only fix is to replace the drive on both seats at about $800 ea. Has anyone had the same problem and what was the fixed? Thanks

Corvette(s)
    '68 White Vert '05 Silverado SS

Jackred,
    I have this problem on my 99 Silverado....I have heard it is actually the track, requiring replacement......let us know what you figure out.....

Corvette(s)
    1999 White Coupe

Jackred,

Check the Tech Center tab above (then the knowledgebase, 1997 - 2004 Corvettes, then interior parts and trim). There was a TSB issue that pertains to your problem. The seat adjustors can be replaced under the new car warranty or the GMPP (subject to the deductible).

Good luck - this is just one of many problem areas in the the C5's.

Corvette(s)
    1998 Red Coupe

I found out that the seat problem is common. The part that fails is plastic looking clevis and GM does not sell it. They want you to replace the whole assembly. I found out that there might be a after market part available called a rocking seat blocker but I have not found it yet. Has any one heard of this part?