Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: C5 Chrome Wheels

Corvette(s)
    1998, coupe, white

Default C5 Chrome Wheels

I have a 1998 Vette with the stock, painted wheels. I would like to take these wheels and have them chromed. There are a lot of places that offer chroming services...............but does anyone have experience with one of these businesses? Either good or bad would like to hear if anyone has had their stock wheels chromed and where they had it done.

Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver

I sent in my wheels off my 90 C4 to California Chrome. They did a great job of prepping the wheels and even sent me a vid on how they were out of round and so I had them true them up before plating them. Here is a link to their web site. All they do is wheels. California Chrome Wheel Inc. - Factory OEM Chrome Wheels and Rims for Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and more! - Chrome your rims at CalChrome!

Corvette(s)
    1998, coupe, white

Default Huskerman

Thanks, for the recommendation. I did send them an email requesting more information a few days ago. However, the fact you have experience with them adds validity this outfit and I'll take them seriously.

And, if "Huskerman" stands for what I assume............Nebraska fan, a belated welcome to the Big Ten and thanks for the information.

Chick B.

Corvette(s)

Corvette(s)

Thanks for that......Wisconsin wasn't very nice to us though.... I had about a grand in the whole process with shipping and buying the dust covers. They also take out all the road dings on the edges of the wheels and like I said will true them up for you. The boxes they ship them in are great I kept them around for a long time to use if I did another set....You won't be disappointed......Marcus

Corvette(s)
    2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerman View Post
    I sent in my wheels off my 90 C4 to California Chrome. They did a great job of prepping the wheels and even sent me a vid on how they were out of round and so I had them true them up before plating them. Here is a link to their web site. All they do is wheels. California Chrome Wheel Inc. - Factory OEM Chrome Wheels and Rims for Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and more! - Chrome your rims at CalChrome!
    Unless I'm doing something wrong could not come up with a price guide for re-chorme or exchange either one. Is there anyway to get pricing before committing Looks like they do an outstanding job for sure

Thanks,
    Bill
    President Abraham Lincoln as stated in the Gettysburg Address

"From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the
    last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

"Defend Those That Defended Us"

Corvette(s)

When I got that far into the process I had to call them and ask some questions like.....will I get my own wheels back?....I still stamped them on the inside just to make sure. They were mine when I got them back......I talked to one guy and can't remember his name but he was my contact all the way through the process. Took about a month from shipping to receiving. Just call the number on the web site and tell them what you got and then work out the details with them. That's the best way......

Here is how they looked when they shipped them back to me...

Last edited by Huskerman; 01-27-13 at 05:02 PM.

Corvette(s)
    Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster

Default Chrome Rules!

Corvette(s)
    07 A6 Coupe

Many of the larger Corvette parts houses used to have a wheel exchange to where they would send you the chrome wheels that you would pay for along with a core charge and when you send your old wheels back to them you would get your core charge back. That certainly makes it quick and easy. Ecklers and Mid America did offer that service and probably still do.

Corvette(s)
    Stingray

There are lots of chrome wagon wheels around. You can probably pick up a set cheaper than chroming yours. Or you can upgrade to factory mags or a later model wheel. Lots of possibilities!
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)

Default Looking Good . . . . . . May do mine this winter yet.

They look brand new, want to get mine done soon

Bill

"From these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the
    last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain."

Corvette(s)
    07 A6 Coupe

I would certainly upgrade to a chrome Y2K wheel and not get chrome wagon wheels. It would be an vast improvement to the look of the car.

Corvette(s)
    1998 Torch Red Coupe

Default Chrome wheels

Beautiful wheels guys!!

When I first bought my car I pulled the wheels off cleaned them thoroughly and gave them two coats of Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. That was three years ago and the dirt still rolls right off with soap and water.

Yeah chrome, may it shine forever!!

Bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5420.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	12596

Corvette(s)
    2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

OP, you can get a set of new imitation chrome C5 wheels for $720 a set (4). Just so you know.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    OP, you can get a set of new imitation chrome C5 wheels for $720 a set (4). Just so you know.
    Dare I ask; what is imitation chrome? There I did it and can't wait for the answer

Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast