Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    1998 Sebring Silver Coupe and 1978 Lt Blue Coupe

Default Hankook Non-runflat tires

I'm moving away from runflat tires. I have used Falken and Good year but recentlynoticed the Hankook non runflat tires and saw some good reviews. Anynoe used or using them?
    Thanks,
    Bill

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible

I've stuck with the GY run-flats... haven't seen any feedback on those you mention, Bill. At least my post will give your thread a bump to the top and give me a chance to say hi.

Jane Ann

For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble.

Corvette(s)

Default hankook tires

Thanks, Jane Ann. Been a while since I have been on the Forum. Hope you are doing well.
    Bill

Corvette(s)
    2000 Torch Red Coupe

My run-flats have saved my a** two times! I would give up my child before my run-flats!!

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe

I have no personal experience with Hankoook tires. But there are several around who have them from what I've read. They seem to like them. Me personally, I like the the security that my run flats give me. I went with the Michelin's.

Corvette(s)
    2011 Cyber Gray Callaway Conv & 2005 DSOM Conv

We also went with Michelin Pilots when we replaced the tires on our '02. Like others, we wanted a little security in our old age!

Elaine
    HIS - 2011 Cyber Gray Grand Sport Callaway Convertible -"SOQUIK"
    HERS - 2005 Daytona Sunset Orange 6-spd Convertible - "SOQWIK"

South Shore Corvette Club - Weymouth, MA
    National Corvette Museum Member

Sales
    Corvette Mike New England
    Toll-free: 877-427-8388
    Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"

Corvette(s)

Default Hankook tires

Thank you all who posted here telling me to go run flats. I appreciate it but I was asking for any reviews of the Hankook and would really like to know more. I've had run flats on two C5's now and am tired of the noise. I have used some other non run flats and its really no problem to me. I had a flat once...pumped the tire with my small electric compressor and took in for repair. Thanks again. If anyone can tell me about their experience with Hankooks I would appreciate it.
    Bill

Corvette(s)
    1981 UL5

Bill,

Sorry I don't have first hand knowledge of Hankook tires but I did find a couple of reviews

Review from Motor Trend

Review from Car & Driver

Bud

Corvette(s)

Default Hankook Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Bill,

Sorry I don't have first hand knowledge of Hankook tires but I did find a couple of reviews

Review from Motor Trend

Review from Car & Driver

Bud
    Bud, thank you. This is the sort of thing I was looking for as well if anyone has used them on their Vette. This substantiates even more some of what I read on Tire Rack and Discount Tires. I want reliability and quiet in comparison to OEM runflats. I have tried two other non-runflats and liked them but still a little too noisy. I'm of the opinion these Hankooks will give me what I am looking for.
    Thank you again,
    Bill

Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.

Here is another link. I believe that JBsC5 bought some and likes them. In case the link doesn't work (because of my computer skills, not the site) it is under C6 general.

I was reading car and driver tire test and ordered new tires! LOL You'll never guess
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Corvette(s)
    2004 Torch Red Convertible

When I replaced the Goodyear EMT tires on the Corvette I had had enough. I put a set of Cooper Zeon A/S tires on and I love them. As for the Hankook-my son has a set on his Ferrari F360 and he has been very happy with them. Again, driving style, personal preferance all comes into play as well as price in some instances but things like tires and batteries are easy to replace. If you don't like them then next time around you can go with something different!

Corvette(s)

Default Hankook Tires

Thanks LLC5 and Garllo. LLC5 the link worked. It's always good to hear from others that are using what you are considering rather than reading just the reviews on the tire site.
    Bill

Corvette(s)
    2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible

Bill,

I had some Hankooks (Ventus V4 ES H105 non-run flat) on my 1989 C4 and was quite surprised with how pleased I was with them. I thought I was just being cheap and settling, but they were actaully a nice tire. If I still had my C4, I'd put another set on them if I needed new tires.

That being said, I personally wouldn't put them on my C5 as I am dedicated to the run-flats there....Michelin Pilots all the way.
    Some people are like slinkies,
    They don't really have a purpose,
    But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Corvette(s)
    2002 Black coupe, Stroked LS3 530whp/560lb/ft

I replaced the goodyear run flats with hancook ventus evo v12's. These are without doubt the best tires I have ever used. They embarrass the goodyears. Better than the bridgestone pole position s03's I had on another set of rims. These tires have much more grip than the goodyears, much more progressive breakaway at the limits of adhesion, much better in the wet, much better ride quality, I cant say enough good things about them. I recently did a track event at Homestead with them and I had to back off of all the z06's running nitto invo's and stock tires in the corners thanks to these tires. I'll buy them until they no longer make them. No comparison to the goodyear run flats.

Corvette(s)
    '68 and '98 Red Roadsters

Recently bought a GM Certified (12mo/12,000 warranty) '06 C-6 from a dealer in Dallas. Tires weren't an issue as the dealer installed brand new original run flat Goodyears all the way around. Flew in with wife and picked up the car and drove to Colorado Springs, CO and then to Redondo Beach CA. I had heard may of the GY run flat complaints, but so far (about 4,000 miles) we haven't noticed any distracting noise or ride incidents. Could it be that there have been some improvement? Anyway Run Flats give me a sense of security to not have to deal with tow truck drives and no spare, so I can just drive it in and get it fixed. I'll continue to watch this thread and others. I'm stuck on run flats, but open to improving manufactures. At 64 any peace of mind is worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast