Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JimS

Default 95 Cold Air Intake System

I was wondering if anyone has advise on a cold air intake system for a 95. I've been looking on the web and the only intakes I find are for C5's. Any help would be great.

Corvette(s)
    1996 Purple/Biege Convert. + 2006 Z51 cpe.

You can check out the "Vortex Rammer" from breathless Performance products for $279 at http://www.breathlessperformance.com...nduction.8.jpg
    and: http://www.breathlessperformance.com...nduction.5.jpg

I do not have this system, but am considering it. Looks like a good boost of COLD AIR coming into the motor. I've seen it installed on C4's and looks fairly simple to install.

There home page is at http://www.breathlessperformance.com

Does anybody out there have any experience with this system?

Also, Welcome to the CAC forum JimS
    Tom,
    1996 LT1, Convertible, automatic, Corsa Exhaust,JBA headers, 3:45's ,Purple Metallic w/light biege top & interior.

2006 Z51 M6 Daytona Sunset Coupe.

vetsvette

Default vortex

I've got the clear box on mine. Easy install. Make sure you have extra cutting discs for your dremel. I'm very happy with mine.

JimS

Thanks for the welcome and the advise. I just ordered it today. I'll try to get it installed within a few weeks. -Jim

FX3FX3

Default AIR INTAKE

Click on this one and determine if it fullfil your needs

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1758

JimS

I was also wondering if a mass air flow sensor is worth the money. I've seen a few for around $300. My budget is about 2-3k this year, and I'd like to buy exhaust (spring) & heads (end of summer).

Thanks -JimS

vetsvette

Default MAF

All I did was remove the screen from mine. That will improve air flow. Just be careful and don't touch the elements. This and the throttle body coolant bypass are the cheapest mods you can do.

Corvette(s)
    1992 LT1 Slut Lipstick Red Coupe

I've got the SLP setup. They now call it Cold Air induction. It looks like a claw with three K&Ns. I like it. But the rammer style with built in cover look like a better idea. The K&N setup helped. Cutting the hole in the shroud helped even more. Now my factory exhaust has a deeper/louder tone.
    And Whitey is right, get some extra cutting blades for the dremel. I was surprised how hard that stuff was to cut through...
    I also made a filter out of screen that is nailed down over the hole to stop road debris and junk from sneaking up there.
    Graham

Corvette(s)
    '90 ZR-1 #365 (SOLD...but Dad's got it now)

Default Re: MAF

Originally posted by vetsvette
    All I did was remove the screen from mine. That will improve air flow. Just be careful and don't touch the elements. This and the throttle body coolant bypass are the cheapest mods you can do.
    and the quickest mods to do. They don't take long at all.

Jay

vetsvette

Default HP?

It's hard to measure because the benefits don't really kick in until you are around 45mph.

Matts95LT1

Default cold air intake

Does the cold air intake with the box, use a k&n air filter?
    I want to upgrade to k&n on my stock 95 but wondering if the cold air intake is worth the 275. Could you notice a difference in mpg with the induction systems or is there no change? Do you feel it around 45pmh?

matt

vetsvette

It uses a cleaner much like the conical K&N but it has more intake surface and is shaped for the vortex system. Same filter material and cleans and re-oils like the K&N. Hard to say if you can feel it. Whenever I put my foot into the LT4 it kind of assaults all your senses at once and there is too much going on to think about one thing. I'l be taking it to the dragstrip this spring and can give you a better answer. I only paid $225 for mine and am very happy with it.

Matts95LT1

where did you find yours at 225?
    matt

vetsvette

We had a group puchase on the Corvette Forum when they announced the C4 Vortex was coming out. Give Larry a call at BPP. He's a good guy and might be able to do a little better than MAD or Ecklers.

Matts95LT1

What is the BPP?
    Im new to the site?
    thanks for the info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast