Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1994 LT1 Black Rose Coupe

Default Ghost in the Machine

Alright, here's a weird one. I got out of my '94 last night and, as I was walking away, noticed that the car's brake lights were still on. Started walking back toward it and they went out. Walked away again and they turned on. This time when I went back, they stayed on. After playing with the brake pedal (which still makes the lights function like normal and turns them off temporarily) and the idea that it might be somehow connected to the remote door lock system (doesn't seem to be), I finally disconnected the battery just to keep the lights from blinking on and off all night and driving my neighbors crazy. The lights seem to be staying on for about five secs or so before turning off, but there's no real pattern to it that I can see. Any ideas? Has Elvis taken up temporary residence in my parked Vette?

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Reajust or Replace Brake light Switch!! I'd Replace!! junk!!

Corvette(s)
    1994 LT1 Black Rose Coupe

Thanks, gmjunkie. Never attempted that one before ... is it a fairly easy fix?

You live in Old Fart, huh? I used to live up the hill from you in Cullowhee. Have many fond memories of flying past people going up Black Mountain in my old '83 RX-7, with that rotary engine hummin'.

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by pounce44
    Thanks, gmjunkie. Never attempted that one before ... is it a fairly easy fix?

You live in Old Fart, huh? I used to live up the hill from you in Cullowhee. Have many fond memories of flying past people going up Black Mountain in my old '83 RX-7, with that rotary engine hummin'.
    Yea takes about 5 maybe 10 min. cost less than $20!! Old Fart, Yea That's what it say's on Exit 72 comeing down the Mountain!! Home of the neerly Dead and Serverly Inbread!! I'v been to Cullowhee a time or two!! junk!!