Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1996 Coupe

Default rear suspension diagram

Where can I find a diagram for the rear suspension for a 1996 vette? I went to install a new hub ass'y. and there appeared to be part of a seal dangling in the opening where the spline enters the housing. I have a copy from the chevy dealer and there seems to be a seal/washer (item 48) that locates on the spline prior to entering the housing and the hub ass'y. I tried to locate a diagram on the web, but I didn't have any luck. I'm new to computers/internet and may not have enterd the right info. So any help that you could supply wopuld be greatly appreciated. Thanks, MiMitch

Corvette(s)
    1982 CE, 03 MY Z06

The AC/Delco hubs have a seal pressed into the rear of the hub. I understand that some aftermarket hubs do not have this seal.

Corvette(s)
    1996 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MiMitch
    Where can I find a diagram for the rear suspension for a 1996 vette? I went to install a new hub ass'y. and there appeared to be part of a seal dangling in the opening where the spline enters the housing. I have a copy from the chevy dealer and there seems to be a seal/washer (item 48) that locates on the spline prior to entering the housing and the hub ass'y. I tried to locate a diagram on the web, but I didn't have any luck. I'm new to computers/internet and may not have enterd the right info. So any help that you could supply wopuld be greatly appreciated. Thanks, MiMitch
    Thanks for all the help. My computer took a dump shortly after asking for info on my rear suspension proplem, so it took me awhile to respond. Thanks again to all that replied, MiMitch

Corvette(s)
    Red '82 Coupe,Sebring Silver '98 Coupe

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/partsvoice/frameset.cfm

Punch in your year and model and go to suspention/steering.
    The rear hub has a view button that shows an exploded view of all the parts.

Corvette(s)
    1996 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by wishuwerehere82
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/partsvoice/frameset.cfm

Punch in your year and model and go to suspention/steering.
    The rear hub has a view button that shows an exploded view of all the parts.
    Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.