Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    1995 6 Speed Manual Coupe

Default Where is the under hood lights fuse???

Folks, the 95 owner's manual, page 6-73 says that there is a fuse for the under hood lamps, located on the driver's sidemarker light assembly... There is a very picture on the same page that is quite bad. I have looked for it several times but I failed to find it.

1. Does your car really have one?

2. Do you have a clear picture of this fuse, or give me directions to locate it?

Cheers,

Selim

Corvette(s)
    none right now :(

Quote Originally Posted by SSTibet
    Folks, the 95 owner's manual, page 6-73 says that there is a fuse for the under hood lamps, located on the driver's sidemarker light assembly... There is a very picture on the same page that is quite bad. I have looked for it several times but I failed to find it.

1. Does your car really have one?

2. Do you have a clear picture of this fuse, or give me directions to locate it?

Cheers,

Selim
    your car has it.... it is in the under hood area in front of the drivers front wheel well. you will need to dig around in there a bit to find it, the best way is to follow the wires down from the lights. it is clipped to the side marker area. use a flashlight, it will help you the first time

Corvette(s)

Thanks Vettelt, I will search it the way you recommended. I hope to find it. Right now both left and right underhood light cables are disconnected not to consume battery power when the hood is open, and I do not like it to be that way. I like being tidy.

So you are telling me it is attached to some place inside the left fender???

Cheers,

Selim

tlong

I suggest finding the fuse holder and get the lights working, then put a $2 toggle switch with a rubber weather proof boot in-line. There is a hole in the frame to mount it if you poke around, no drilling.

Then you can flick them off for extended open engine bay times. Do you have Ace Hardware in Ankara?

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

The fuse housing should be on the wiring harness on are very near the side marker light housing in the left front area in front of the drivers tire/wheel.
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Corvette(s)
    1994 Red vert 1986 Blue Silver vette coupe

I think you said the lights stay on all the time?
    Disconect the connector at each light under the hood.
    The switches are mercury filled contacts and when the mecury moves away from the switch they go off.

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redc4corvette
    The switches are mercury filled contacts and when the mecury moves away from the switch they go off.
    Which switches do you mean??? I am confused.

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna
    The fuse housing should be on the wiring harness on are very near the side marker light housing in the left front area in front of the drivers tire/wheel.
    So the fuse should be between the wheelwell and side marker assembly, attached to something inside the left fender???

tlong

Trace the exposed black wires attached to the inside of the hood from the lights to the rubber fuse holder on the left side marker light. Those wires are where you put the new toggle switch wires in. Splice there. The switch in there now is a mercury tilt switch that operates them on when the hood is up and off when closed. Don't mess with that.

I think the owner's manual even has a picture of the fuse thingy. That's the best explanation possible before my coffee.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Quote Originally Posted by SSTibet
    So the fuse should be between the wheelwell and side marker assembly, attached to something inside the left fender???
    Open the hood and stand beside the left front tire. Look down into the lower 'fender' area in front of the tire. This is where the "AIR" pump is on my car. You should be looking at the top of the side marker light housing. There are a couple of wire bundles located there. One has a large gray connector that is pinned to the marker light housing. That is the headlight harness. There should be another below that and goes around the marker light housing. One of the wires will have a fuse housing in it. This is the only fuse housing in the area. Open it up and remove the one and only fuse in there.

Corvette(s)
    '96 Arctic White p '73 Silver LS4 4 speed

Selim, my friend.

Cheers!

Corvette(s)

KOPBET, thanks a lot my friend. A picture is worth million words... Now I know exactly where this gizmo is

Cheers,

Selim

Corvette(s)

Found it... It is wrapped with tape to a wire bundle... Hiding silently there for the whole time. Now time to get it fixed...

Corvette(s)
    '96 Arctic White p '73 Silver LS4 4 speed

So the fuse is blown?

Corvette(s)

No the fuse was not blown. I was trying to figure where it was hiding. I will remove the fuse and connect the leads for the underhood lights, so that the wires do not look laying around in an untidy manner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast