Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: battery needs to be replaced
- 01-27-04, 10:05 PM #1BlackCoupe96Guest
battery needs to be replaced
my 96 stock battery is about gone what do you guys recommend I replace it with stock or is there someyhing better out there .. thx
- 01-27-04, 10:08 PM #2
Get one with the longest FULL REPLACEMENT warrantee
- 01-27-04, 10:22 PM #3vette1985Guest
You might want to consider an Optima Red. I use this in my 85 Vette. It comes with an 84month warranty. GREAT BATTERY.... Bob
- 01-28-04, 01:50 AM #4WNHGuest
Being that its a pain in the neck to install: get the best warrantee [ 84 months ], and any good brand name . So you don't have to bother with it again.
- 01-28-04, 02:08 AM #5
Originally Posted by BlackCoupe96
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- Northern California
- 96 LT-4 6-spd Convertible
My next C4 battery won't require fluid level checks.
- 01-28-04, 07:52 AM #6
I just get mine at Wal-Mart. $59 and a 3 year, full replacement, no questions asked, warranty.
- 01-28-04, 09:16 AM #7
I can safely say DON'T get an Exide !!
I had a long post a while back about it.
Let's just say that I saved 10 buck over another brand but in the long run it cost me $200 !
- 01-28-04, 11:01 AM #8
- Join Date
- Jan 2003
- Tulsey Town
- '96 Arctic White Çøüpé † '73 Silver LS4 4 speed
Exide used to be a supplier for Sears but I believe that relationship fizzled. Exide is still a supplier in some states for Wal-Mart ( Everstart). Exide also includes Champion, NASCAR XLT, Orbital, Stowaway and Trail Blazer.
If I understand correctly it is Johnson Controls that supplies the DieHard (Gold)? Optima is now a subsidiary of Johnson Controls. JC also makes Duralast, Interstate, ProStart, and Everstart (some) in a market also including AutoZone, Wal-Mart, and Costco.
- 01-28-04, 07:02 PM #9BlackCoupe96Guest
thanks great info .. don
- By Dave1998 in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 01-19-04, 05:25 PM
- By ZR1 MK in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 01-15-04, 04:42 PM
- By eliminator in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 8Last Post: 04-05-02, 08:10 PM
- By Radar in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 11-05-01, 10:04 PM
- By Her 92 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 9Last Post: 10-08-01, 11:27 AM