Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    boonie

Default how do i replace my C4,s battery?

how or what is the proper procedure to follow when it comes to replacing my 94 C4,s battery? how do i remove the battery from my vette without harming it?
    thanks boonie

44 Mag

With the hood open, and looking at the battery, the fender/quarter panel has to be removed. It's a no-brainer really on how to remove it. I think there's 4-6 bolts that have to be removed. Set the panel aside and remove/replace the battery. Not a big deal, just, like doing everything else on a Vette, take your time.

Corvette(s)
    84 Coupe

Default Re: how do i replace my C4,s battery?

Step by Step

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2001...ttery/bat1.asp

Originally posted by boonie
    how or what is the proper procedure to follow when it comes to replacing my 94 C4,s battery? how do i remove the battery from my vette without harming it?
    thanks boonie

tnovot

Default C4 battery removal

Yep, removing the small side fender is definitely the way to go.
    It's a fairly easy process. To gain access to the bolt at the bottom, first remove the front few screws which hold the rocker panel.

switch

I have a Greenwood type ground effects package on my 95, that makes removing the side fender piece difficult. In this case, it is easier to remove the wheel and inner wheelwell to gain access to the battery.

Corvette(s)
    1987 Not a Sh*tbox anymore

If this helps: the bottom bolt does not need to be removerd, rather just loosened.