Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: C4 to C5?

Freak Of Nature

Default C4 to C5?

Ok... I'm sure all of you have seen the body kits that make your C4 look like a C5, right? Have any of you seen them in person? I'm just wondering if they are actually any nice?

Now for the big problem...
    My plan was to find a cheap C4 and totally redo it over winter. Was looking for a "nice" junker that I could restore. When looking in the Auto Trader, I found one in my price range & the picture made it look like a "nice" junker too. So I drive down to this state and have a look at it, and see that the picture was just taken VERY poorly. The car was just beautiful! Ofcourse I bought it, but now I don't know what to do? My whole purpose in buying a C4 was to redo it my way & also put the C5 kit on it. I feel like I'd be breaking the law if I did though. Something's telling me to go for it & have a BAD-ASS looking/running car next summer, and something's also telling me to keep it as is cause it's all original & in GREAT shape.

What do you guys think? Should I make it into a bad-ass beast, or keep the original beauty?

Corvette(s)
    none right now :(

I have seen the kit in person, and I personally think it looks like crap. The C4 is just a different size and shape than the C5, and the kit just does not look right. Leave your C4 a C4, and spend the extra money making it faster, or doing other things.

Corvette(s)
    2011 Cyber Gray Callaway Convertible

I have never seen the kit, but my advice is to just drive and enjoy your car for what it is...a beautiful C4!!!

Elaine
    HIS - 2011 Cyber Gray Grand Sport Callaway Convertible -"SOQUIK"
    HERS - 2005 Daytona Sunset Orange 6-spd Convertible - "SOQWIK"

South Shore Corvette Club - Weymouth, MA
    National Corvette Museum Member

Sales
    Corvette Mike New England
    Toll-free: 877-427-8388
    Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"

FourAndAHalf

i would say... make it a bad ass c4

james bennett

Default body kits

I have seen the C5 kit also. It looks like a kit! But it was not done by a PRO. The main thing I did not like were the edges. They were not cleaned up, around the lights and other trimming were rough.
    I have a C-4 with a Viper kit on it and it looks like a viper. Very well done But by some pro's that built race cars. My understanding the car was built in Canada. not sure

Jim

Freak Of Nature

Yeah, I think I might just clean it up & make it a bad-ass C4. Thanks for the advise!

@ james bennett...
    A viper kit? No way! Do you have any pictures of it I could check out? Also... Does it sound like a viper or have the vette rumble to it? Sounds exciting & like alot of work!

Ken
    Corvette(s)
    1987 Z51 Silver Coupe

Check this thread out: Is it a C4 or a C5?

Freak Of Nature

Originally posted by Ken
    Check this thread out: Is it a C4 or a C5?
    Thanks Ken. After seeing the pic, I will keep it as is. Does not look as good as they make them sound. I guess black or dark blue would look ok, but the ladies love red so I'll stick with it.

Corvette(s)
    1989 c4 to c5 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature View Post
    Thanks Ken. After seeing the pic, I will keep it as is. Does not look as good as they make them sound. I guess black or dark blue would look ok, but the ladies love red so I'll stick with it.
    I bought a recked C4 and just wanted something different. I got a C5 kit and did most of the work myself. Everyone likes the car and I can outrun most C6 its all good. Look at my Pics

*Edited to include a link to member's photo album as a courtesy:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...albums814.html

XLR8
    Jane Ann
    Last edited by XLR8; 01-11-13 at 09:51 AM. Reason: add photo link

Corvette(s)
    '84 White Z-51/4+3/Shinoda body

Default Missed the age of the thread

Carp! Missed the age of the OP's thread... Sorry.

Not my cuppa.

You could always do another Shinoda, IF you can find one and the expert help to install/paint, etc..
    Last edited by WhalePirot; 01-13-13 at 10:22 PM.
    409 cid four bolt, forged crank/11:1 comp/alum. Dart Pro-1/FMS-30pph@45 psi/BBK 52mm/'90 ECM Custom chip/Lingenfelter SuperRam/Comp Cams hydr. roller 230i-236e@050 /TPIS long tubes 3"/'84 Corvette cat/Flowmaster/ BeCool rad./FlowTech water pump/180* 'stat/3.54:1 rear gears +case cryo hardened/Bilsteins: 'challenge' specs/Heim jointed rear suspension; all poly(Guldstrand)/4+3 (strengthened)/I.M.I. mini-starter/Battery inside/Electric HydroBoost brakes/FatMatted/Shinoda body/updated PW