Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    slashnick

Default I'm an idiot and now I need body work...pics included

Like I say, I'm an idiot...

I was at my friends house today, backed into a space in the alley behind his house. When I left, there was a trailer parked perpendicular to my car across the alley. It looks like I can make it out without backing up any so I go for it. Just like I thought, I cleared the trailers wheel well and I'm thinking all is good. Then...BAM, I hit it. Unfortunatly there was a step welded on the front of the wheel well that I didn't see. I was barely creeping, but the damage is there.

It chiped off a spot of paint about the size of a quarter or so. There is a very small dent, and the platic trim also is scuffed a little. Anyone have some suggestions on the best way to fix this? The car is not the original color red, it is a brighter shade. I am going to contact the previous owner(s) to see if i can get the exact color code. I hope this can be fixed relativly easy...any advice is greatly appreciated.

Never again will I assume I can make a tight turn

slashnick

another

81LT4

Default DENT

I can fix that in about an hour, bring it by my house on a weekend

vette-dude

Don't feel bad. The first day I got my C4 coupe I dinged up the nose. I pulled into my garage ( after carefully re-arranging everything to fit the car in) and didn't judge the length of the front bumper overhang, hit my Goldwing and not only did it fall over but chipped up the bumper. These things happen. Fixing them is naother story and I will have to let a more experienced person tell you what is best withy that. Sorry it got dinged.

Randy

HOTMOTORSPORTS

That looks like a good enough reason to trade it in toward a C5!

slashnick

81LT4,

That sounds too good to be true. What do you plan on doing? No offense, but I hope you are experienced. I don't want someone going at my car with nail polish and a can of Krylon.

81LT4

Originally posted by slashnick
    81LT4,

That sounds too good to be true. What do you plan on doing? No offense, but I hope you are experienced. I don't want someone going at my car with nail polish and a can of Krylon.
    No, just nail polish will do. give me a call 713-256-7509

Corvette(s)
    2002 Torch Red Coupe

Default Can I come???

Hi

It's too bad that l live so far away, like a couple thousand miles!

But you are closer then Da Hawaian Punch.
    I don't hear him inviting us!!

Only kidding.

Alan
    May Our Trails Meet!

Corvette(s)
    1968 silver coupe ,1954 packard

Hey if ya cant find out the color code,your local paint store should have one of those machines that will tell you the closest match.Ask them,theyll know what it is.I think its called the color eye or something.Or do it the old fasioned way and give them your gas door for a couple of days and let them match it.

81LT4

Default Re: Can I come???

But you are closer then Da Hawaian Punch.
    I don't hear him inviting us!!

As a matter of fact, we should just ship our cars over to Punch,
    I bet they will come back outstanding!

HEY PUNCH, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW. hold on.

ok CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW. hold on. ok CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW