Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Will my alarm go off
- 01-23-13, 03:26 PM #1
Will my alarm go off
I just purchased a 1991 corvette. I am going to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder. I do not have any key fobs for this car yet. My concern is after i remove the battery to do this job when i reconect it will the alarm go off. If it does will i be able to disable it any way with my factory key. If anyone has any insight on this it would be great i dont want any surprises. Thankyou for any help.
- 01-23-13, 04:39 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2008
- southern california
- 1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
- 01-24-13, 07:39 AM #3
Thankyou roger, that was what i was hoping but did not want to get stuck with a failsafe and could not get alarm off or car to start.
- 01-29-13, 10:15 AM #4
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
- Windsor Mill, MD
- 89 Brilliant Red Metallic
91 didn't have factory key less entry. That started in 93.
No problem with disconnecting and reconnecting the battery for the factory alarm.
If you have an aftermarket alarm reconnecting the battery can cause the alarm to sound. In that case you would need the procedure to reset it.
Last edited by ecss; 01-29-13 at 10:17 AM.
Question: OEM AlarmBy rfhall50 in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 11-03-08, 07:47 AM
- By oceangal in forum C3 General DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-03-08, 07:33 AM
- By DS760 in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 10-02-05, 06:03 PM
- By drazen in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 9Last Post: 07-04-02, 02:45 AM
- By Spiderman in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 06-17-02, 10:47 AM