Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1996 GRAND SPORT #12

Default Will my alarm go off

I just purchased a 1991 corvette. I am going to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder. I do not have any key fobs for this car yet. My concern is after i remove the battery to do this job when i reconect it will the alarm go off. If it does will i be able to disable it any way with my factory key. If anyone has any insight on this it would be great i dont want any surprises. Thankyou for any help.

Corvette(s)
    1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race

Quote Originally Posted by GRAND SPORT #12 View Post
    I just purchased a 1991 corvette. I am going to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder. I do not have any key fobs for this car yet. My concern is after i remove the battery to do this job when i reconect it will the alarm go off. If it does will i be able to disable it any way with my factory key. If anyone has any insight on this it would be great i dont want any surprises. Thankyou for any help.
    You just insert key into door lock, turn one way then the other, to unlock. Hey presto,you've done it.......Roger.

Corvette(s)
    1996 GRAND SPORT #12

Thankyou roger, that was what i was hoping but did not want to get stuck with a failsafe and could not get alarm off or car to start.

Corvette(s)
    89 Brilliant Red Metallic

91 didn't have factory key less entry. That started in 93.

No problem with disconnecting and reconnecting the battery for the factory alarm.

If you have an aftermarket alarm reconnecting the battery can cause the alarm to sound. In that case you would need the procedure to reset it.
    Last edited by ecss; 01-29-13 at 10:17 AM.