Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Digital dash swap for early C4s
- 12-22-12, 08:47 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- 1972 Blue T top
Digital dash swap for early C4s
I want to put the improved, easier to read digital gauges from an 85-88 and put them into an 84. Is this a direct plug and play swap?
- 01-13-13, 11:04 PM #2
I think you may have to research the applicable year tech sections and check every involved connector (PN?) and the pins therein. Some have run a later ECM on '84s, despite the X-fire versus TPI. The model change brought a transition, not a revolution, so it may work; not heard of it being done.
There was a fair amount of similarity (even in sensors) in my change from CF to speed density ('90), but my harness was altered by an expert.409 cid four bolt, forged crank/11:1/alum. Dart Pro-1/FMS-30pph@45 psi/BBK 52mm/'90 ECM Custom chip/Lingenfelter SuperRam/Comp Cams hydr. roller 230i-236e@050 /TPIS long tubes 3"/'84 Corvette cat/Flowmasters/ BeCool rad./FlowTech water pump/180* 'stat/3.54:1 rear gears +case cryo hardened/Bilsteins: 'Challenge' specs/Heim jointed rear suspension; all poly/ZF6-40 by ZF Doc//I.M.I. mini-starter/Battery inside/Electric HydroBoost brakes/FatMatted/Shinoda body/updated PwrWindows
- By gotoyz in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 11-01-07, 09:34 PM
- By XJ6GUY in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 02-22-04, 05:29 PM
- By J37 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 07-14-03, 04:59 AM
- By 1stiff84 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 16Last Post: 10-23-02, 03:08 PM
- By vigman in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 18Last Post: 01-21-02, 09:19 PM