Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1972 Blue T top

Default Digital dash swap for early C4s

I want to put the improved, easier to read digital gauges from an 85-88 and put them into an 84. Is this a direct plug and play swap?

Corvette(s)
    '84 White Z-51/4+3/Shinoda body

I think you may have to research the applicable year tech sections and check every involved connector (PN?) and the pins therein. Some have run a later ECM on '84s, despite the X-fire versus TPI. The model change brought a transition, not a revolution, so it may work; not heard of it being done.

There was a fair amount of similarity (even in sensors) in my change from CF to speed density ('90), but my harness was altered by an expert.
    409 cid four bolt, forged crank/11:1 comp/alum. Dart Pro-1/FMS-30pph@45 psi/BBK 52mm/'90 ECM Custom chip/Lingenfelter SuperRam/Comp Cams hydr. roller 230i-236e@050 /TPIS long tubes 3"/'84 Corvette cat/Flowmaster/ BeCool rad./FlowTech water pump/180* 'stat/3.54:1 rear gears +case cryo hardened/Bilsteins: 'challenge' specs/Heim jointed rear suspension; all poly(Guldstrand)/4+3 (strengthened)/I.M.I. mini-starter/Battery inside/Electric HydroBoost brakes/FatMatted/Shinoda body/updated PW