Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1990 Convertible 6Speed Charcoal Met

Default Blowing fuse for climate control

A friend of mine has a 1987 hardtop automatic and recently started having a problem with blowing the fuse that runs the climate control,we have tryed unpluging the climate control unit and it still blows also unplugged the ac compressor and the blower motor still no luck. any ideas??? Thanks
    Ps I know getting the shop manual would be a great suggestion but he"s a cheap sob.

Corvette(s)
    1990 red convert 6 sp

Check the wiring diagram, interior lights may work on the same fuse.

Glenn

Corvette(s)
    1993 Coupe, Bright Aqua

Quote Originally Posted by zerokool2 View Post
    A friend of mine has a 1987 hardtop automatic and recently started having a problem with blowing the fuse that runs the climate control,we have tryed unpluging the climate control unit and it still blows also unplugged the ac compressor and the blower motor still no luck. any ideas??? Thanks
    Ps I know getting the shop manual would be a great suggestion but he"s a cheap sob.
    Unless another 87 owner posts the wiring diagrams you will need to get lucky to find the problem. I will mention Alldata which is a less expensive option than the FSM.
    Do it Yourself Auto Repair & Auto Repair Shops - ALLDATA
    Less than $30 for an annual subscription for one model year, not as convenient as a paper copy but it does provide complete FSM and wiring diagrams, good luck.