Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: battery drain

Corvette(s)
    85 coupe

Default battery drain

85 vette battery dead after 5-6days....voltage loss at separated neg terminal at 3.84,,,,removing cts/clk fuse stops it.....check all 12 circuits per the fsm....no luck...bose relay is suspected but bose tech says if I disconnect rear two speakers, voltage loss should be reduced..no luck...now I dont think it's necessary to tear the dash apart to get at that relay...removed spare tire bulb /burnt..map lights don' work...all courtesy lites go off'/on correctly...nothing on at night....any ideas??? besides a battery switch????? did record .03 volts at the blue wire at the rear speaker.....with all off.....don't think thats significant but could be wrong...need a little help....

Corvette(s)
    1985 Coupe, Nash 4+3

Have you checked the security system? My car has some security system issues, all the interior lights flash with the doors shut...looked at the wiring diagrams which ultimately lead back to the ctsy/clk fuse through the security relay. I received my car with no door keys so while I'm waiting for my keyless entry system to come in I just pulled the fuse. My car would go dead over the weekend before... just a thought

Corvette(s)
    85 coupe

Quote Originally Posted by he_mech_usmch View Post
    Have you checked the security system? My car has some security system issues, all the interior lights flash with the doors shut...looked at the wiring diagrams which ultimately lead back to the ctsy/clk fuse through the security relay. I received my car with no door keys so while I'm waiting for my keyless entry system to come in I just pulled the fuse. My car would go dead over the weekend before... just a thought
    it's on the list....I have the fsm...12 circuits and some are related to others.....a very long process checking them all...have checked the basic 12 map lites don't work so that'll be next...quite a few places to look...really don't know much myself about the security system, I guess i'll be finding out....not a quitter

Corvette(s)
    1981,MAROON COUPE

Default battery drain

Quote Originally Posted by playsdixie View Post
    85 vette battery dead after 5-6days....voltage loss at separated neg terminal at 3.84,,,,removing cts/clk fuse stops it.....check all 12 circuits per the fsm....no luck...bose relay is suspected but bose tech says if I disconnect rear two speakers, voltage loss should be reduced..no luck...now I dont think it's necessary to tear the dash apart to get at that relay...removed spare tire bulb /burnt..map lights don' work...all courtesy lites go off'/on correctly...nothing on at night....any ideas??? besides a battery switch????? did record .03 volts at the blue wire at the rear speaker.....with all off.....don't think thats significant but could be wrong...need a little help....
    Hi Dixie! looks like you found your drain. You have to back probe the cts/clk circuit to find where the voltage drop(VD) is in that circuit. A 3.84 VD IS ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU GRIEF. GOOD LUCK