Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1994 Blk/Blk

Default "Back-Up" Lights — '94 6 Spd

Over the period of a few yrs. now, my '94 6 spd has had an intermittent problem with the back-up lights — "sometimes they work, most times they don't work. At times when I would engaged "reverse" and played with the brake and clutch pedals, simultaneously, the back-up lights would come on. Most recently, that hasn't happened. They might work normal for maybe 10 to 15 shifts to reverse then stop working for triple that amount of shifts. Weird.
    Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Corvette(s)
    1996 Grand Sport

I had to replace the back-up light switch on my 1996 Grand Sport. For manual transmissions, the switch is located under the car on the top side of the transmission (on the driver's side). It's a difficult reach and in a tight location, but doable if you have the time. I had the dealership replace mine.

Eckler's has the switch for $39.99, part #39448. Corvette Central sells for $39.95, part #594347. I believe it's GM part #10159402.

For automatic transmissions, I believe the switch is accessible from inside the car below the shifter panel. It may be a different part number.