Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1984 Z51

Default 84 Corvette oil cooler

can anyone tell me where the engine oil cooler and lines are on a 84 with Z51 option. My FSM does not show location.

Corvette(s)
    1992 Black Rose ZR-1

Quote Originally Posted by ps374 View Post
    can anyone tell me where the engine oil cooler and lines are on a 84 with Z51 option. My FSM does not show location.
    The only "oil cooler" my 84 Z51 4+3 came with was a trans oil cooler. It was one of the first 4+3 trans built which was in Dec. '83. I ordered the car in March and the 4+3 kept getting pushed back due to reliability issues I would become too familiar with later.

Corvette(s)
    1985 dark bronze met, auto

Corvette(s)
    1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body

The link has a superb diagram. The '84 FSM has many omissions and inaccuracies.
    409 cid four bolt, forged crank/11:1/alum. Dart Pro-1/FMS-30pph@45 psi/BBK 52mm/'90 ECM Custom chip/Lingenfelter SuperRam/Comp Cams hydr. roller 230i-236e@050 /TPIS long tubes 3"/'84 Corvette cat/Flowmasters/ BeCool rad./FlowTech water pump/180* 'stat/3.54:1 rear gears +case cryo hardened/Bilsteins: 'Challenge' specs/Heim jointed rear suspension; all poly/ZF6-40 by ZF Doc//I.M.I. mini-starter/Battery inside/Electric HydroBoost brakes/FatMatted/Shinoda body/updated PwrWindows

Corvette(s)
    93 coupe, black rose auto, 85,76,73 coupes

hi, i have an 85 z51 and cooler is mounted in an adapter above oil filter and has lines to radiator