Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Default Corvette C4 head light door wont adjust enough?

Hi all Corvette guys. I have weird problem with my Corvette 1995 and I wish if you could help.

I just bought new head light motor and I installed it correctly. When I try to attach it to the car it wont go even with the hood. I used that adjustment screw of that motor (in a pic number 1) but to get door coming up that adjust doesnt have any adjust left to this direction, the screw simply wont turn anymore to that direction! To other direction it goes a lot. Is there something I missed, some other screw? I also tried number 2 screw but it didnt work either... It moved screw numer 1 down or up but thats all.
    This shouldnt be that hard I guess?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kuva 2.jpg   Kuva 1.jpg  
    Last edited by Timo; 11-30-12 at 11:20 AM.

Corvette(s)
    '90 LT 5

You MIGHT have one set at the 'Open' position, and the other set at the 'Close' position. I'm not sure how to determine that (except for the obvious - one opens, and the other closes, when the headlights are turned on).

IF that's the case, I DO know the solution, and detailed it, starting post #7 here:
    [URL=[URL="http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107138"]]]Link
    Never got a nickel for wrenchin', so I know nuthin'...

Get rid of your electrons. Be positive (+).

Default Thank you for trying to help

The problem is that I cant even attach the headlight to the bonnet properly if the door is its lowest position and only direction for the adjustment screw is opposite that it should. That screw should be in the middle position so I could screw the door up an inch and align the door with the hood. The answer is probably inside the motor casing and there is something wrong.

That link you sen need to have right pictures, otherwise I feel too uncertain. Im now thinking to just change the gear+bushings inside old motor, its much easier and theres loads of videos available.