Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !

Default Replacing the dash lights 194 bulbs, are they all the same ??????

Title says it all, is there any replacment 194 / 168 bulbs that are really any brighter ? I see the GE brand say they are 20% brighter, and Sylvania has their 'SilverStar' brand which they tout as much more light . . . But is there any Safe & brighter bulbs that sell for less than $50.00 a bulb ?

Thank you !

Hope you had a great holiday !

Jim Ward

Midnight85

Check this company out, LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS they make leds with the 194 base on them. I've never used these particular bulbs but I have used a lot of their other products and I have always been very pleased with them. All of the interior lights on my '85 have been replaced with their led bulbs and I like them a lot, no heat and I can leave the doors open all day with no effect on the battery.

Corvette(s)
    1967 red/red 2010 red

Default Lamps

Replacing the Halogen lamps in an 84-89 cluster will short out the power supply over time. The solution is to use the 89 lamp, which is a xenon lamp, and costs about $4 each.