Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: 1986 - Changing Thermostat
- 01-06-10, 03:39 PM #1tdfGuest
1986 - Changing Thermostat
Changing out the thermostat is usually a no brainer task. However, GM has tucked the thermostat housing nearly under the throttle body on the L98 TPI engine. The throttle body may not need to be removed to get the 2 bolts out, but there is a portion of the wire harness that looks to be in the way. I find it hard to see how to get the wiring released and out of the way.
My FSM and Chilton don't offer anything in that much detail. Any pointers from the this great forum?
Appreciate the help!
BTW: My 86 is running a 180 degree thermostat based on the gauge temperature on opening. Does that indicate that the PO likely made aditional mods and had a different chip installed?
- By Bolisk in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 16Last Post: 01-31-08, 05:02 PM
- By Ken D in forum C5 Z06 DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-06, 10:14 PM
- By sscam69 in forum LT4 ForumReplies: 28Last Post: 04-29-06, 04:06 PM
- By tigernut in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-14-04, 09:53 PM
- By Kris4Rusty in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 18Last Post: 05-10-04, 11:11 PM