Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C4 SIDEPIPES

Corvette(s)
    1987 BRIGHT RED CONVERTABLE,RED & BLACK INTERIOR,

Default C4 SIDEPIPES

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON SUPPLIERS OF SIDEPIPES FOR C4'S.
    I HAVE SEEN SOME COVERS WITH AERO-KITS BUT I ALSO NEED INFO ON THE PIPES THEMSELVES, ROUTING, BAFFLES, ETC.
    THANKS.

Corvette(s)
    1987 Torch Red Coupe

The side pipe kits are no longer available new, so the only way to get it is find a kit used unfortunately.

Corvette(s)
    1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body

Default Ken (R.I.P.) had them on his '87

They looked cool but he had clearance issues with the lowness and they were quite restrictive due to the sharp U-turns the exhaust was forced to make. He took them off.

I really wanted a set but would not accept the problems and loss of performance.

Corvette(s)
    1986 Bright Red Coupe

Power Effects is/was the company that makes them. I've seen used sets for sale even within the last couple months, so keep your eyes open, but the website may answer some of your questions and they were still answering the phones last year.
    [RICHR]

Corvette(s)
    '90 coupe (gone) '96 CE LT4 Z51

I inquired about these Oct of '04, called the company and was told there was a problem with the foundry that makes the main "y" for the side pipes. I was told they did not know when they would be back in production. The guy I talked to took my number and said they would give me a call back when they were back in production. I had totally forgotten about it ... till Oct of last year. Low and behold, I got a call back, WOW three years later. They were honest to their word and gave me a call back. I was told they were starting production again and would I be interested in purchasing a set (at the price they were three years prior.)

I declined as I had already built up my exhaust as I wanted it. Well almost, I would like everything to be stainless, but that's a little more tricky to weld and work with, so I went with aluminumized steel.

Corvette(s)
    1987 Torch Red Coupe

I just called and placed an order...well, the guy i talked to said they are still having trouble with the foundry that does the castings and through a bunch a legal **** its cheaper ($300k) for them to wait it out with this company than try to go else where. They are taking no money down orders to lock people into the 'Carlisle Show Price'. Im not going to reveil what that is. You can call and place an order, the guy on the other end of the telephone was very knowleadgable on the kit. We talked for about 20 minutes about how the kit would have to go on to my car since i have true duals and its lowered.

Corvette(s)
    before 60,63&82 now 90 383 Stroker & 91 ZR1-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by WhalePirot View Post
    They looked cool but he had clearance issues with the lowness and they were quite restrictive due to the sharp U-turns the exhaust was forced to make. He took them off.

I really wanted a set but would not accept the problems and loss of performance.

How are you doing friend?
    šTo be or to do? Which way will you go?" Col John Boyd

www.SPEED-KARTS.com
    www.racing-engineering.com

Corvette(s)
    1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body

Quote Originally Posted by SPANISHVETTS View Post
    How are you doing friend?
    Great. Thanks for asking, even if we diverge from the thread. Been too long w/o Vette time and the BMW R1100RS is fun , but different. It was bad enough to have the engine fail on the track, but depressing to see how it came back after being 'fixed'.

Now, it is improved visually and will be fine when I finish tuning. I do not like 'paying for' the same real estate twice any more than General Patton did, but I will get through it, ust like the first time. Even in this crappy running state, the liquid rubber it generates is, well, fun.

How are things in Espana, my friend.

Corvette(s)
    1987 Dark Red Metallic

Default Side Pipes on a C4

I too have been very interested in Side Pipes on my 1987 Corvette. Fortunately I do not the real deal since I too live in California. So my solution, although non-working is what is found on various websites, including Corvette Central (part #144351 or 144345) which may not be available any longer but at a cost of $179.00 not bad. There are other sites that do carry this Side Pipe in So. California. It takes some research but I have found them.

Good luck in your serach and finding your needs.

Corvette(s)
    1994 red convertible

Corvette(s)
    1991 Arctic White Coupe L98

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    I too have been very interested in Side Pipes on my 1987 Corvette. Fortunately I do not the real deal since I too live in California. So my solution, although non-working is what is found on various websites, including Corvette Central (part #144351 or 144345) which may not be available any longer but at a cost of $179.00 not bad. There are other sites that do carry this Side Pipe in So. California. It takes some research but I have found them.

Good luck in your serach and finding your needs.
    I have those on mine too. They're sharp, but an inconvenience when you have to put the car on a lift, lol. I got mine at Ecklers in Sept. 2008, although I believe others carry them too. Yeah, they're still available. I have a website with several pics, check it out:

Jeffs 1991 Corvette with Side Pipes and Accessories

Corvette(s)
    1991 coupe

Default sidepipes ( fake ones )

They look pretty cool, except for one thing......... There are pipes coming out of the back of the car. Kinda like I heard once when I was into import tuners...........A four cylinder with dual exhaust coming out the back.....yea ok looks cool but seriously.......kinda silly also.

Corvette(s)
    Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6

What would be cool is if the side pipes were connected to exhaust cut outs...

Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

Quote Originally Posted by 92BlackVette View Post
    You know what would be even cooler?, if your avatar was actually a Corvette.
    I don't recall anywhere here that states you can only have a Corvette for an avatar?

If I'm mistaken, then by all means correct me, otherwise, chill out. At least it's still a GM car.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Corvette(s)
    1987 Dark Red Metallic

Default Corvette Side Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I have those on mine too. They're sharp, but an inconvenience when you have to put the car on a lift, lol. I got mine at Ecklers in Sept. 2008, although I believe others carry them too. Yeah, they're still available. I have a website with several pics, check it out:

Jeffs 1991 Corvette with Side Pipes and Accessories
    I do like your side pipes. I do see your exhaust coming out of the back end. I think I found a solution to this once I get my own side pipes. Rear Wrap with the pipes ending at the point where the muffler attaches. Since I don't run any Cat(s) pre or main or any muffler (just baffled chrome tips, see my car; Corvette Photos, C6 Corvette photos, C5 Corvette photos, Z06 - Lonewolf3030 Gallery ) I can do this. Thanks for your reply, I enjoyed seeing your wonderful Corvette.
    Lonewolf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast