Results 1 to 9 of 9
- 04-29-04, 08:25 PM #1
Edelbrock manifold torque specs....
does it make a diffrence in torque on bolts from a factory to a after market manifold... i have an Edelbrock and want to be sure of the torque on it before i really put it to the test.
Thanks...Chas"Every man dies, not every man really lives......."
- 04-29-04, 08:39 PM #2
I believe when I installed mine it was 25 ft. lbs. But to be sure email Tech Support at Edelbrock and they will give you the correct specs and torque sequence.
email@example.comEdlebrock Performer 2101, Hooker Super Comp Sidepipe Headers w/4" sidepipes & Max Flow mufflers, Proform HEI Distributor, Accel Coil & 8mm Superstock Wires, Stewart Stage 2 Aluminum Water Pump,100 Amp Alternator, Cloyes Street True Roller Timing Chain, VB&P 550 lb. Springs, VB&P 360 lb. mono spring, VB&P Smart Struts, Bilstein Sport shocks, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's 255/60-15, TH350, 355 Rear.
- 04-30-04, 04:25 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Washington, Michigan
- '67 Marina Blue Convertible
3/8"-16 bolts, 30 ft-lbs. torque; same as with the stock manifold.
- 04-30-04, 04:58 PM #4
The last Edelbrock I used was a RPM Q-jet intake. It said to torque the bolt to 25 ft/lbs and had a diagram of the sequence. Started at the center and crossed back and forth then worked to the ends. I can scan it if you need it and email it to you, just let me know your email.
- 04-30-04, 05:30 PM #5
went to www.edelbrock.com and found the prints i was looking for...nice web site also.Originally Posted by coupeman"Every man dies, not every man really lives......."
- 04-30-04, 08:10 PM #6
Nice avatar VetteDude 73 ! Got the foil on? Cliff
- 04-30-04, 08:26 PM #7drags1998Guest
Im with JohnZ 30-35 Lbs. is fine. Not really that critical, NEVER had a problem with leakage due to torque specs.
- 04-30-04, 08:36 PM #8
not that 30 would hurt....i hate the thought of them coming loose!
Thanks for your input.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives......."
- 04-30-04, 08:37 PM #9
Old time hockey!
Eddie Shore coach!Originally Posted by DkBG"Every man dies, not every man really lives......."
- By Fiddler's Gold in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 55Last Post: 12-29-11, 11:03 PM
- By Runge_Kutta in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 10-05-04, 05:29 PM
- By Mike Carter in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 04-03-03, 07:02 AM
- By Fiddler's Gold in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 09-09-02, 02:28 PM
- By JHL in forum General Automotive DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-14-02, 05:36 AM