Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Anyone know if John Hinkley's 30-30 vale lash procedure can be used with LS-5 OEM hydraulics?
- 01-07-13, 02:14 PM #1
Anyone know if John Hinkley's 30-30 vale lash procedure can be used with LS-5 OEM hydraulics?
I know you do not want lash on hydraulics. . .
I just want to know if the procedure that John co-wrote for setting valve lash at 90 BTDC and ATDC will work for finding the base lobe on a stock GM LS-5 cam. The document seemed to imply this. . .but it was not 100% clear for big block cams.
I know I can do it the old fashioned way but I really like the fact that I can to two valves at a time with John's procedure.
I know my barn find 72 LS-5 had a lot of bubba work done to it. . .with all the evidence that I've seen. The car runs great but "puts" and "pops" out the tail pipes at idle but only after it is completely warm. While warming. . .even on normal idle. . .there are no "puts" or " pops". Hoping this is just improper valve adjustment and once everything gets hot and expands. . .the valve are being held open. Want to do a quick valve adjustment. . .and really liked the procedure mentioned.
- 01-07-13, 09:53 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Washington, Michigan
- '67 Marina Blue Convertible
- By Tyler Townsley in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 11-14-04, 10:32 AM
- By 6T5RUSH in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 10-23-04, 03:05 PM
- By FourAndAHalf in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 07-02-03, 02:47 PM
- By 69MyWay in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 16Last Post: 08-16-02, 10:33 PM
- By frost in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 11Last Post: 04-09-02, 06:43 AM