Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1969 black

Default wiper motor just makes clicking noise

wiper motor makes clicking sound when i run a test on it , i have found that i have an earth problem because when i ground the body of the wiper to the engine my blower fan starts to work so i guess running a good ground will fix its and the wiper issue , but does the clicking sound mean i have a dead wiper motor as i do have power to it ruffly 12 volts at the yellow wire , can any one advise me what to do next can it be rebuilt and how hard is it to replace any comments will be welcome

Corvette(s)
    1973 Orange Metallic Coupe

Does the washer pump function correctly? I don't remember what the problem was on mine or what I did to fix it but it had to do w/ the W/S washer pump.
    Save the wave

Corvette(s)
    1969 black

no the washer pump isnt working either that was going to be my next task , i was thinking of fitting a more modern style with a pump fitted within the washer bottle and hide it away so its not obvious , but i will try to test the pump today, chris

Corvette(s)
    2006 Velocity Yellow Roadster

I would fix the known ground issue, see what problems go away and work from there.

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by hoso View Post
    no the washer pump isnt working either that was going to be my next task , i was thinking of fitting a more modern style with a pump fitted within the washer bottle and hide it away so its not obvious , but i will try to test the pump today, chris
    The pump is built in the wiper motor and won't work till the Wiper motor runs!!

grounds,Grounds,GROUNDS !!!!!!! Get a service Manual,Find them "ALL" And CLEAN them "ALL" from front to back of Vehicle!! Bad and High Resistance GROUNDS cause "Feedback" and "Will"do weird electrical things through the vehicle systems!! Damn,It's a 69 do them "ALL" or you'll be chasing your tail for a month!!
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous