Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1981 silver/blue: two tone

When I first got my '81, the brake warning light would come on when I had to slam on the brakes. Eventually it would go off. The Parking brake did not work. I wanted to fix the parking brake. I removed the wheels and adjusted the stars on the brake drum. The passanger side appeared to adjust fine, I backed it off a few clicks. The driver side went all the way and never caught. I backed off and left alone. After 100K I figured the drum pads are worn and need to be replaced. The parking brake was working pretty good. Unfortunately, now, the brake warning light stays on. Is there another problem? how should I correct this? Do I need to rework the parking brakes?
    Thanks

ssvett

Jb, check out the post on brakes by JC. I think that you will have a brake problem. The brake light comes on when 1. The E-brake is in use and 2. When the master cylinder is low or the pressure is lower on either side of the the perportioning valve. Check your calipers or hoses for leaks.............Steve