Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1965 Nassau Blue Coupe, 1960 Roman Red/White

Default Carlisle attendees CAC member could use your help

Greetings fellow CAC Folks. I have recently developed a want/need for a differential housing (or complete rear) for my 65 coupe (build date August 27, 1964). It currently has a 3.70 posi. I thought that rather than rebuild the 69 rear in it now I might chase a correct dated housing at least (preferably a complete unit, 3.70, 3.55, 3.36). I thought Id beg your indulgence to perhaps keep an eye out for a July or early August 1964 rear. Id be delighted to receive any leads emanating from that great Corvette Mecca in eastern PA (cell 979-220-1704, home 979-693-6181). Please give those Carlisle vendors with diffs and diff housings my phone numbers if you are short on minutes

THANKS
    Dave Zuberer
    (DZVette)
    Dave Zuberer
    College Station, TX

Corvette(s)
    1967 Red Convertible

Dave,

I noticed literally hundreds of diffs there, Lonestar even had empty housing availible, but I believe most had left for the show like me before you ever posted.

I would try and contact Lonestar, Bairs, etc and see what they have for sale, or wait untill next year and fly/drive up.

Tom M
    Tom McCabe

Corvette(s)

Thanks Tom! I think you are right that lots of folks had already headed out to Carlisle or were busy getting ready to. I have been in contact with Bairs but I haven't called Lonestar yet. Got a few other calls to make also.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Z
    Dave Zuberer
    College Station, TX

Corvette(s)
    www.67HEAVEN.com

Sorry, Dave. I was half way to Carlisle before you posted.

Corvette(s)

Dave how did you make out? I saw a LOT of junk differentials with high prices on them but didn't know to look for a 65. I know several guys asked for a 65 at my booth but I only have a 69,75, and did get in another one but it is a c3 diff. If you find one build it with the better internals and you'll have a geat unit that will last.
    Good luck,
    Gary
    Gary
    GTR1999

Corvette(s)

Bob and Gary

Thanks for your replies! I think I have a lead on a 3.36 rear that is near the build date for my car.

Appreciate you guys looking out for me!

Dave Z
    Dave Zuberer
    College Station, TX