Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Red Vette

Thread: Another question

Corvette(s)
    2010 grand sport covert. blue

Default Another question

While storing a 2010 grand sport in a heated garage ( 45 degrees in the winter) on a cement floor how much air presure in the tires to keep them from getting a flat spot, that won't cause damage to the sensor or whatever? I presently keep them at 40psi.

Corvette(s)
    2012 Carlisle Blue Grand Sport

Air pressure won't keep them from flat spotting. The more air, the less they will flatten, but they will get flat. You could get tire cradles from one of the ads in magazines. I've heard they help a lot. You could also move the car forward or backward about 18 inches every five days, or so.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    02 TR Coupe 08 VR Convertible 02 TR Z06

I've store my 3 vettes every year for 5 to 6 months; I bring the air pressure to 36 psi. Never had a problem with the tires getting a flat spot. My garage is heated, cement floor, keep it about 55 degrees, and don't move them at all. But Catbert's advice is solid.
    Barrett
    BigJimZ16 likes this.

Corvette(s)
    2012 GS Centennial edition

Default Nitrogen???

You may want to consider nitrogen if it's available for free, i would not pay for it. Some dealers do offer it as a "free" item on some of their services. Nitrogen will not change mass like regular air does based on the outside temperature fluctuations. also being "thicker" in mass than air, does not leak as easy, unless you have a really bad leak. I would not pay for it though.

Corvette(s)
    2010 grand sport covert. blue

Default capital idea,

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialGS View Post
    You may want to consider nitrogen if it's available for free, i would not pay for it. Some dealers do offer it as a "free" item on some of their services. Nitrogen will not change mass like regular air does based on the outside temperature fluctuations. also being "thicker" in mass than air, does not leak as easy, unless you have a really bad leak. I would not pay for it though.
    This is a great idea. I always wanted to do this, the only thing that kept me from doing this was buying a machine/pump to do it. This and the iidea of moving the car backwards for a week or so then forward 18''
    Both great ideas.

Corvette(s)
    2012 GS Centennial edition

^^ cool glad to help.