Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1993 ruby conv.

Default 93 ruby lt1 mystery oil leak

I have a 93 Ruby LT1-Automatic. The car has 73000 mi. I have replaced the WaterPump & seal, Optispark & sea, Balacer Hub & sea. I do not see any oil pan peaks or Intake leaks or valve cover(It is not wet in these areas ). The oil leak seems to be coming from the right front of the engine and leaks down the right side of the cross member. Is there any other source for this leak on the fron of the engine (Sending units etc) Any guidance is appreciated.

Corvette(s)
    2009 LS3

Check your dipstick and dipstick tube. Make sure your PCV Valve is functioning properly and that breather tube isn't plugged up. In either case you can get pressure in the crankcase and oil will leak out the top of the dipstick tube.

Corvette(s)
    1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Coupe

Don't discount the "china" walls leaking at the front and rear of the lifter valley. If the intake has never been off and resealed with The Right Stuff (actual name of the Permatex product) I would start with that.
    Save the Wave!!!
    Muffler Eliminators nuff said...
    Best 1/4 Mile Run to date...13.38@104.87
    Best 1/8 Mile Run to date...8.65@82.72.
    Best 60 foot 1.99 with Kumho Escta SPT at 26PSI Cold.

Corvette(s)
    1993 ruby conv.

Default Oil Leak LT1

Thanks for the reply..I have replaced the PCV and the PCV Hose. I have not re-sealed the Intake..I could not find any wet oil around the intake..Atleast as much as I could see & feel.

Corvette(s)
    1993 40th Anniversary

Default Corvette Leak

I have a 93 40th Anniversary and it only has 8,000 miles and just took it to the shop to replace belts, spark plugs and change oil. The mechanic found a leak around the distributor seal of course that led to the water pump seal etc but there are no more leaks. Hope this helps. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by oklahoma1 View Post
    I have a 93 Ruby LT1-Automatic. The car has 73000 mi. I have replaced the WaterPump & seal, Optispark & sea, Balacer Hub & sea. I do not see any oil pan peaks or Intake leaks or valve cover(It is not wet in these areas ). The oil leak seems to be coming from the right front of the engine and leaks down the right side of the cross member. Is there any other source for this leak on the fron of the engine (Sending units etc) Any guidance is appreciated.