Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Ruby with Black Rims?
- 03-19-10, 10:42 PM #1
Ruby with Black Rims?
Considering black deep dish ZR1 rims for my 40th. Anyone have pics of this combination?
'06 Z06, Victory Red, Red Interior
'96 Grand Sport #628, Red Interior, Z51, all options.
'93 40th Anniv.
'82 Collector Edition, Bloomington Gold Certified
'78 Silver Anniversary, L82, M21, 430 original miles!
'04 Z06, Torch Red / ModRed - sold
'91 ZR-1, Red/Grey, Dual Tops - sold
'66 Coupe, White w/ Black Int., 327/300, 4spd - sold
- 05-19-10, 11:17 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- 01 Z06
were you thinking all black or black with a polished lip? I have not seen either but would like to.
- 05-19-10, 11:27 PM #3
Was considering the deep dish black with polished lip. Alternatively, am looking at polished deep dish or silver deep dish. All choices from oewheels. Just can't make up my mind
- 05-20-10, 10:04 PM #4
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- 1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Coupe
I show you what chrome sawblades look like. I think a Grand Sport wheel would look nice as long as it has the black spokes and center with a well polished lip.
- 01-30-11, 11:31 AM #5
Hello... I'm new here.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm on the fence just like OP is on this subject. I need new wheels for my 40th anni vette and I can't decide if black wheels really do compliment or contrast too much against the body color.
I was thinking about black bullitt wheels (saw someone's ruby vette with chrome bullitt wheels, looked good) or Z06 wheels.
I actually photoshopped my car with black Z06 wheels but it doesn't feel "real" so it's hard for me to decide.
It's only a big issue because I actually don't like chrome all that much... I like flat or dark colors and I'm bored of the sawblades. I currently have the 50th anniv c5 wheels on which i love but they are not mine and will have to be replaced. I do want something new though
- By CHEWCH87 in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 01-02-09, 02:33 PM
- By AUSSIEVETTEMAN in forum C3 General DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 07-03-06, 11:54 AM
- By FX3FX3 in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 10-27-04, 11:02 PM
- By Willycool in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 14Last Post: 07-06-04, 08:19 PM
- By the hot spot in forum C5 Parts For Sale / WantedReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-03, 09:06 PM