Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1993 40th Anniversary Edition Ruby Red Coupe

Default Got a few problems...

I recently bought one of these 40th anniversary beauties that needs a little work. The biggest problem I am having is that the service ride control light is on. The guy I bought it from said he replaced the shocks and the light has been on sinnce then. Any ideas as to how to solve this problem? Also I am going to take it to a corvette shop and was looking for some feedback as to why this light is on so I can kind of know what to expect.

Thnks

Corvette(s)
    93ruby

Default Check the manual / go to dealer for info

Could be there is a procedure to reset that warning lite after car (shocks ) have been serviced /replaced.Several lites in the dash have to be reset after being triggered.
    Good luck
    PS Do a search in the c4 forum for "service ride control"

Corvette(s)
    1993 Ruby Red Convertible

Just make sure that the prior owner installed the correct shocks (bilstein)sp? That could be your problem. The current shocks should have a black cap installed that has a wire coming from it. This sends a signal to the computer. If you don't have this or if it is installed incorrectly the light will stay lit on the dash. Hope this helped.

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

The CAC has very comprehensive diagnostic and service information on Selective Ride Control. See:
    Corvette Action Center | Tech | C4 Corvette's Selective Ride Control - Six Steps for a King's Ride

Corvette(s)
    1993 40th Ann Roadster; ZF6, 383

Any time you change these shocks you need to be sure the top mounted FX3 electric pickup is clean and remounted absolutely correctly using the stock retainer clips.

If you are not very careful and clean you will get the dash light.

Hopefully the problem is the front shocks where it is very easy to get to the connector and reseat it. If not the rear shocks are not all that hard to get to, but you do have to pull the wheel and the shock from the frame rail.

Good luck.

Perry

Corvette(s)
    1993 40th Ruby Red

You need to make sure that the actuator gear is not stripped out. Sometime the shock gets replaced but both the shock and the actuator were bad.